Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday Cache Run.

Well this weekend the wife and I decided to go caching while we drove to my sister-in-laws house. It was raining and a little cold here in Wisconsin yes I said cold. We originally decided to do 3 on the way there and then do 3 on the way back. But my wife rememberd how addicting this hobby is. After we found the first 3 she saw we were close to another one so she said lets go for it and then after we found that one she said oh!!! there is another one like 0.15 away let’s go get it. So our little cache run of 3 turned out to be a run of 5. We decided to try one more and that one turned out to be a DNF. It was a very difficult one in a very muggle rich environment.


One of the first ones we did was my wife’s first WSQ and we found a head stone form the early 1820’s of a baby that didn’t make it. The head stone was very neat to look at and interesting to read because it was all in German. Another one we did had my wife stumped for a bit, it was a guard rail cache. She was right by it for some time and after awhile I just happened to notice there was an extra bolt in the rail that seemed out of place compared to the rest of them. So I unscrewed the bolt and in the one end there was a bison tube magnetically stuck to the bolt on the inside. I thought that was a very clever hide.

But all in all we had a good day in the rain and snow and made 5 finds and only one DNF but we have ideas where that one might be. Well keep in touch and let me know if there are any questions or comments you would like to leave for me. Also don’t forget to answer the poll question and see where you fall in with others that read my blog.

Oh and I would also like to thank Wywrdsn for coming over on Saturday and showing me some tricks on Gsak and Gc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment