Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Try at an FTF

Today I was sitting in front of the computer looking for a job when an e-mail popped up. A new published cache only 3.56 miles form the house. It was GC277JJ8 PAC Pack 68 Geocache. So I decided to load it into my GPSr and into my Garmin Nuvi and head out the door to go get it. This would be our very first FTF (First to Find). So I called my wife and told her about it and that I am going to go grab it. She tells me to drive quickly and hurry up so we can have a FTF on our list of things that we have done in geocaching. So I drove as quickly and as safely as I could and I noticed where it was and that it was going to be a tough FTF because it was near a lot of businesses and near a major road that people like to take lunches at. I called my wife and told her what I was thinking and she said to have faith and just keep driving. So I did just that and as I got closer I was getting excited because there weren’t many cars in the parking lot. I pulled into a parking spot and as I grabbed my GPSr I noticed a man coming out of the woods in a dress shirt and pants and smiling. I got out of the truck and he walked up to me and I said you got it didn’t you he laughed and than he introduced himself to me and I did the same and he said good luck. I now knew I wasn’t going to be FTF but I went quickly into the woods thinking there might be another cacher from the 4 cars in the parking lot. I followed the arrow and I found it and opened it up see the other guys name, I signed mine right after his only 2 minutes after him. After everything is said and done we have a 2nd to find - not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment