Saturday, February 6, 2010

We almost made it to 100

Well we almost made it to 100. We had it all planned out we were going to finish the States run on the Glacial Drumlin Trail then hit a couple more to make it to 100. Fist problem that we got into was where to park the truck. The road I thought I could park at there was no parking allowed. So we went and parked at the next road crossing and found out the first cache was 0.7 miles away. And that was the closest cache from where we stopped at from the Waukesha Janboree. As we hiked we thought we will do every other cache that way we have something to do on our way back to the truck a trick we learned from our friends Wywrdsn. That way when you walk back you have something to do and not just walk back.

Well we found the first one it was really fun and interesting. This one happened to be at the spot where rail road company had a set of tracks that curved. And from the years of 1955 to 1984 there were 8 severe derailments that occurred and there was twisted metal still there. We couldn’t see it due to the snow cover. We will have to come back to this one is the spring. We then started our trek along the trail. There was a lot of ice on the trail and we found our selves sliding every once in a while thank goodness we brought our trekking poles with us.










The Cache

Looking back at scrappy while signing the log book.


After we made it to the end we started our way back and that’s when it hit us WOW. My body is starting to hurt. Not just a little a lot. We figured it out we hiked approximately 2.5 miles, which meant approximately 2.5 miles back. At this point I noticed my sock on my left foot must have slid while we were walking and now I have a little bit of sock bunched up by my toes. And my little toe and the next one were starting to hurt really bad and I mean really bad. I though my hiking boots were broken in but I guess not (they are now after this little adventure), I tried to fix it but I think it was too late. My legs were hurting something fierce we figured out we were walking about a 2.5 miles per hour average. We had to hike back, pain or no pain we had to get to the truck. So we started our way back grabbing the caches we skipped on our way here. There was a couple that we thought were going to be DNF’s but with a little bit harder searching we found them all. We got back to the truck and man it was rough getting into the truck. But we were happy we hiked 5 miles and found 14 caches. It was a good day we are 4 short of 100, we will most likly get it there next weekend (I think). Here are a few pictures of some caches and of us caching.
Ground Zero

                                                                                                                   The cache Found it.


Grabbing the cache I'll do almost anything to get it.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment